Monday, June 2, 2008

Sunrise, Sunset

"Praise the Lord for the sun of joy when it rises and for the gloom of evening as it falls... Believe that the night is as useful as the day." Funny how I was just talking about sunsets in my last post and here in Spurgeon's "Morning By Morning," he makes reference to sunrises and sunsets." Spurgeon here is equating them to joys and trials - the sunrises and sunsets of life. We should praise God when all is good and we're experiencing the joys of life. And also when we're going through the struggles and sorrows of life, we're to praise God for them too. God uses both of them. He shows us His goodness and graciousness when we experience our joys. And He shows us His comfort, care, and sustaining hand as He takes us through our trials.

2 Comments:

Myc said...

You know that I am jealous. But keep it coming. I guess I am a glutton for punishment, but it is like I am living this vacation with you now. Post more pics.

Nelly Gee said...

Nothing like the plane ride home and walking out into the street at the airport and that feeling of... BRRR!!! From this point until the next trip next week (... jk), I'm gonna have to live through the pics. I'll post more up soon.

blogger templates | Make Money Online