I haven't posted an entry in almost a week. I think I'm having writer's block. Nah, that's not it; things have just been busy with ministry and work and family as of late. Let me at least post one little thing before this day ends.
I was trying to find one little thing that I could pick out from this past Sunday's morning service, and nothing really stood out until the very end. Right before Steve was about to pray, he said this: "There are no holes in Christ." As we continue through the book of 1 Corinthians, we focused on verses 27 through 31. This chapter talks about the church body and the various spiritual gifts. We as believers are all a part of Christ's body - we all are. Every single part is used and is important. Whether you're a preacher, teacher, children's ministry worker, maintenance worker, or someone who works behind the scenes, we're all important and necessary for the functioning of the body. We all exist for His purposes. And there are no holes in Christ. He Himself is complete - lacking in nothing. We, as Christ's body and with Christ as our head, are complete. He is all that we need. And when we each one works and serves Him, we fulfill God's design for the church and we reflect Christ.
I was trying to find one little thing that I could pick out from this past Sunday's morning service, and nothing really stood out until the very end. Right before Steve was about to pray, he said this: "There are no holes in Christ." As we continue through the book of 1 Corinthians, we focused on verses 27 through 31. This chapter talks about the church body and the various spiritual gifts. We as believers are all a part of Christ's body - we all are. Every single part is used and is important. Whether you're a preacher, teacher, children's ministry worker, maintenance worker, or someone who works behind the scenes, we're all important and necessary for the functioning of the body. We all exist for His purposes. And there are no holes in Christ. He Himself is complete - lacking in nothing. We, as Christ's body and with Christ as our head, are complete. He is all that we need. And when we each one works and serves Him, we fulfill God's design for the church and we reflect Christ.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment