5/30/08
It's interesting to actually be able to post something this morning rather than a recap of the days events later in the evening. (This is a pic from inside the hotel.) Some of the family are playing golf. Others are out and about. So I finally have some time alone to myself just to kind of relax and start off the morning slow. As usual, I really dislike sleeping in, so I got up early in the morning and went for a short jog along the beach (part of the hotel property) and afterwards went to the gym for a good workout. Then I got cleaned up, and here I am - reading and blogging. A little later today, we'll be off to Waimea Canyon and then over to Poipu.
A couple of lessons learned on this trip so far: 1) get a backup camera. I took some underwater shots with my camera a couple days ago, and the pictures came out fine, but afterwards my camera is out of commission. I tried cleaning it out and even getting a new battery, but alas... it's gone. I think it's still under its manufacturer's warranty, so I'll have to go through the hassle of sending it in. BTW, the waterfall shots from yesterday were from my sister's camera. So, I ended up buying a new camera at Costco. 2) When applying sunblock, be sure to apply it everywhere. Kayaking yesterday was fun (kayaked up the Wailua River and hiked over to the Uluwehi Falls - aka "Secret Falls"), but I left myself exposed to a lot of sun. I covered my face and arms with sunblock pretty liberally, but uh... I left some other parts uncovered. Not a pretty sight. Hopefully it won't get too bad. Anyway, hopefully I'll have more pictures later today. For now, enough blogging and more relaxing.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Good Morning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment