Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Main Purpose


I was hesitant in starting up this blog because I was unsure of why I was doing it. Some people do it to share their everyday life experiences: raising their children, going to school, going to work, etc. Others do it to pass on general household tips and advice. Others will do it to encourage others with what they've learned in scripture and in their studies. Still others will do it to share random thoughts that come to mind. This blog probably will no doubt display facets of many of these.

However, this is not my main purpose for starting up this blog. This may sound self-centered, and if so, then so be it. This blog isn't for you, the reader; it's for me, the writer. My main purpose for this blog is to write down my thoughts and what God has taught me from the messages that I've heard as I sit under teaching and as I read God's word and other Godly books. I hope it's encouraging to you, but if you get nothing out of it, know that I wrote it not for you but for me.

I'm not looking to go into an in-depth commentary on each and every thing that I read and hear. As you can tell from my first post, sometimes I can start writing and just keep going; when that happens, I'll know that I've spent way too much time blogging. I think I first heard this from John Piper, but if I could emulate him in this way, I'll be in good company: if I can draw out just one point from what I've heard or read - if God allows me to remember and apply one single point - then I'll be content. One sister on her blog calls does something similar to this, and she calls it her "Golden Nuggets." I don't think I have a clever name for any of my thoughts. For now, let me just put it this way: each single thing that God teaches me, I'll file it away in my Gee Files.

Man... I wanted to write about what I learned tonight so I could begin my Gee Files, but it's getting late and I have to get up early tomorrow. So I'll have to save this entry for another time.

1 Comment:

MamaBoncx said...

Hi Nelz,

Found your blog! Mind if I add you to my blogroll? I'll be visiting you from time to time to see what the Lord has shown you through His word. Looking forward to it!

-chone

blogger templates | Make Money Online