Ok. If that picture didn't paint a thousand words again, let me tell you how this story goes. We started off the day by visiting our friend, Susan, who was participating in a walk for breast cancer (you go, Susan!) in Sausalito. After we walked with her for a little bit, we may our way over to another part of Sausalito to a spot overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge. We were actually a little further up from the spot where the bridge was, so we had a view of the Point Bonita Lighthouse. So we enjoyed the view, talked, and spent some time in prayer. After a little bit, I brought up the idea of playing a game that we played a couple of days earlier. This was a game that Cy came up, and it's basically a get to know you game by asking questions. So, Cy asked her question (I honestly forgot what it was), and so it was time for my question. I told her that I had just one question. It was a question that I had five weeks earlier (when we first started dating) and I was sure that I wanted to ask, but I couldn't ask it then because I just needed some time to pass. I told her that the question involved one thing, and as I reached toward my pocket, she gasped, "oh my gosh!" I pulled out the box, showed her the ring, and asked her very slowly, "Will you... marry... me?..." She told me that I already knew the answer, but I told her that I wanted to hear it from her mouth, and she told me that of course she would marry me. Woohoo! So I took the ring, slipped it on her finger, and it fit like a glove.
Pretty smooth, huh? Uh... not quite. I guess it took me a second (a brief second, I tell you) to figure out which finger was her ring finger. I had to take a look at her whole hand, find her thumb, get a reference point, and I think she pointed to where the ring finger was. So, not super smooth, but it was a moment that we'll never forget.
We spent the rest of the day in SF. We had lunch at a hawaiian restaurant which had some live entertainment. Then we went over to Ocean Beach and biked up and down the coast line.
As we made our way back home, we visited some dear friends to share the news, and then we went back to my place. My roomie had made plans earlier in the day to invite some people over to the house, so it worked perfectly. Little did he know that he was planning our engagement party. We got there, kept it hush-hush for a couple of hours, and once most everybody was there, I gathered everyone's attention: "I have an announcement. I asked Cyryl to marry me, and she said yes!" Lots of screaming and hugs of congratulations. As the news continues to spread in the days to come, I'm sure the screaming and hugging will continue.
Praise God for such a memorable day and for bringing us to this point. As we look forward to the wedding day and to our life in marriage, continue to keep us in your prayers. Praise God for the grace He gives - the grace that allows us to get through each day - day by day.
Monday, September 8, 2008
This Story
Posted by Nelly Gee at 10:34 PM
Labels: Waiting On God
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
Congratulations, Nelz! We're so happy for you guys!
Thanks for the congrats. Praise God for His goodness. The wait was long, but God's timing is perfect. Hey, expect Little Sweet Cakes to get some new business very soon.
Post a Comment